This week we are highlighting G & S, our partners who were called by the Lord to step out of Browncroft and Rochester and into missions. Their first assignment was in North Carolina, where G served as Chief Financial and Operations Officer of a large mission agency, overseeing services such as accounting, banking and tax preparation for hundreds of missionaries around the world.
Several years into this challenging assignment, the Lord called G & S to serve a year in Africa, where they led the mission agency’s field operations in South Sudan, which was a fledgling nation under siege by rival tribal groups. They led workers through emergency evacuations and other times of trial.
After a couple years back in North Carolina, God moved our partners out of the States again - this time to the Middle East. Their initial responsibility was leading and discipling a team of 8 workers in five countries. New contacts made through travel and the expansion of God’s work has more than tripled the number of workers among whom they have impact.
Our partners are praising the Lord for receiving visas from a Central Asian country and are visiting and encouraging workers there this week.
- praise the Lord for the expansion of doors open to the gospel in the Middle East and Central Asia
- pray for God to move in these places where at least 95% of the people have no contact with a believer or knowledge of Christ
- ask “the Lord of the harvest to send workers” to the crucial work in these resistant places
- pray for the Lord’s protection of our partners as they meet with workers this week in a country populated by many radicalized individuals
- pray for the security concerns of teammates in the Middle East and Central Asia and for the protection of believers, who are under severe threat from the authorities
**Do not forward this entry or post it on the Internet without permission**