Begin + Belong + Serve
As a church we have organized ourselves around a pathway to help encourage this kind of life-changing movement that hinges on these three big words [begin+belong+serve] that help shape the ministries around our church. There’s always a next step to take in building authentic relationships with God and others and engaging in a larger purpose outside of ourselves.
Following Christ is not a Sunday-only event, but is a lifestyle that honors God and encompasses everything that we do and are.
The family was the first institution created by God.
Life was meant to be lived in intimate connection with others, a connection modeled on the very life of God who exists in community.
Jesus has called us to bring the hope of the gospel, first, to the communities in which we live.
We have been called by God to bring the message of the gospel to all people.
Growing Surrender to God
• Decision to follow Jesus as the sole- leader of their life.
• Pursues an ongoing relationship with God through scripture, prayer and the spiritual disciplines.
• Seeks to model the life of Jesus in one’s life and relationships.
Lifestyle of Worship
• Sees everyday life as an offering to God – work, play and family.
• Seeks ways to bring God and His truth into the world around them.
• Seeks to integrate faith into all areas of one’s life.
Truth Filled Relationships
• Is involved in a small group with other believers that encourage and speak truth in love.
• Opens one’s life to other individuals for the purpose of spiritual growth.
• Is involved in building others up spiritually.
• Places the interests of others ahead of their own in everyday life.
• Seeks opportunities to come alongside others who are hurting or in need as an example of Christ’s love.
• Is engaged in a missions context, locally or globally, praying for or serving those in need.
Serving and Giving Generously
• Practices regular giving to the church (tithes and offerings).
• Has learned about spiritual gifts and has taken steps to assess one’s own gifting.
• Actively serves in ministry in or outside the church.
• Is able to share their faith-story and the gospel message with others.
• Seeks to build relationships with nonbelievers so that they might come to know Christ.
• Inviting others, especially those outside of a relationship with Christ, into the life of the church.
What We Believe
About the Bible
We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. 2 Peter 1:21, 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
About the Trinity
We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. John 10:30, Matt.28:19 About the Nature of Christ We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of Mary while she was yet a virgin, and is true God and true man. Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:18-23, Colossians 2:9.
About the Nature of Man
We believe that man was created in the image of God, and that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature; and those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in word, thought and deed. Genesis 1:27, Romans 5:12, 3:23, 6:23, 1 Corinthians 15:22.
About the Atonement
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. Acts 13:38, Romans 4:5, 1 Corinthians15:3, Galatians 2:16.
About the Resurrection
We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate. Luke 24:14, Acts 2:32, Hebrews 7:25, 1 John 2:1.
About the Future
We believe in the blessed hope, and the personal, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 5:1-11, Matthew 24, Revelations 19:11-21.
About the Holy Spirit
We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ, are born again of the Spirit, and thereby become children of God, sealed by the Holy Spirit and preserved unto the day of redemption. John 3:5, 10:28, Romans 8:35-39.
About Life after Death
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the conscious everlasting punishment of the lost. John 5:28, Revelations 20:4,5
About the Christian Life
We believe that all the saved are called into a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices, and are under obligation to all the world by life and word to the truth and proclamation of the Gospel. Romans 12:1, 2, 2 Corinthians 5:14, Acts 1:8.