Graphic & Web Artist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for producing and maintaining graphic and web media communications Browncroft Community Church (BCC).
Senior Director of Worship and Communications
Graphic Design & Communications
- Designs brochures, flyers, posters, and logos for BCC’s printed materials and the church website.
- Reviews, edits and designs brochures created by from various groups/ministries.
- Designs the weekly church bulletin.
- Manages all web content with Digital Media Coordinator.
- Maintains design, print, and layout for the communication wall and common spaces in collaboration with key staff as needed.
- Contributes to the Creative Design Team, carrying out the graphic design and media portion of the Sunday Experience as needed.
- Collaborates with Worship and Communications team to design the sermon series.
- Partners with vendors on various print and communication projects.
- Oversees the efficient completion of miscellaneous office projects.
- Develops and oversees the communications budget with the Senior Director of Worship and Communications.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Design or job-related field or an equivalent combination of related work experience, training and/or education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with graphic and web design.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Web content management systems.
- Creative thinker and strong artistic ability.
- Well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please provide a cover letter and resume with a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.