Associate Director of Worship
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for Sunday morning worship service leadership of music and vocal and instrumental volunteers. This role is a regular, powerful, and effective music leader during Sunday morning worship services. He or she will design, plan, research, recruit, and rehearse all aspects of worship music and service content, production, and execution in collaboration with worship staff.REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Worship, Marketing, Communications, and Digital Media (DW)
- Recruits, trains, and provides encouragement, feedback, and spiritual leadership to volunteers in worship services and other large ministries within the church.
- Provides congregational leadership and is an effective musician and communicator.
- Works with DW and other worship and lead staff to share worship vision.
- Schedules and ensures adequate staffing of band musicians with DW.
- Provides musical and worship leadership with key staff and volunteers to the entire church, with added emphasis on raising up musicians within Elevate (High School Ministry), and GAP (College – Post-College Ministry) age groups.
- Schedules periodic training, team-building and organizational meetings for volunteers.
- Provide spiritual accountability for worship volunteers with DW.
Worship and Musical Services
- Leads worship services with regularity and musical excellence.
- Plans and executes musical and worship direction of a band with proficiency and excellence.
- Oversees scheduling of vocalists, band, and other musicians with DW.
- Collaboratively creates with DW and worship staff excellent, creative, and inspiring worship services and events.
- Recruit and provide musical direction to Browncroft choir and orchestra as needed.
- Arrange and orchestrate weekly music as needed.
- Arrange, create, and develop loops, pads, click tracks, and other music technology programs (such as Logic and Mainstage) to enhance band sound.
Equipment Planning and Maintenance
- Makes recommendations to DW regarding musical enhancements and equipment.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in job-related field or an equivalent combination of related work experience, training and/or education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in musical leadership, worship planning, and volunteer development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Christian with a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrated competency as a worship leader.
- Proficient in vocal leadership and at least one primary instrument (guitar or keyboards).
- Proficient in basic music theory- should be able to read music and understand chord charts and Nashville number system.
- Proficient in leading a modern rock/pop style worship band.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborator.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to quality.
- Possesses both flexibility and time management skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment requires weekend, early morning, and evening hours with regularity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear with great detail and acuity; taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please provide a cover letter and resume with a video link or video portfolio of your singing/playing and/or leading worship to email@example.com.