- God has created each person as a member of one human race (Acts 17:26) and desires a personal relationship with each one through His love and grace (Romans 3:23).
- Racism — prejudice or discrimination based on ethnicity or skin color — in all forms is directly opposed to God’s design and an affront to the sanctity of human lives made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27).
- The work of the Gospel is focused on reconciliation of people to God and to one another (2 Corinthians 5:16-18; Ephesians 2:14-19).
- The Church by God’s design is multi-ethnic and multi-cultural, and we should promote this unified diversity (Revelation 7:9; Acts 2:8-11, Galatians 3:28).
- Racism is an expression of sin in our world and one that the Gospel calls us to address in our ministries and our witness (Proverbs 31:8-9).
THE GOSPEL & RACE
A Small Group Study Catalyst
Pastor Rob Cattalani and Pastor Roger Breedlove
My Small Group’s Experience With ‘The Gospel & Race’ Study
PRAY WITH US!
God and Father, we come to You today with hungry hearts to know You more and to serve You more fully with our lives. We confess that we have not always lived in line with the Gospel. Help us to better recognize, address, and overcome the issues of racial prejudice that are still alive in our society and the Church.
We know this is a big problem in our culture, but not too big for You or Your Gospel. Lead us in a greater repentance. Lead us in greater prayer for our church and community. Help us not to follow our society but to lead it by the way that we live and the way that we love. Help us to be all the more the Church of Jesus Christ in this area, we pray.