Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
Browncroft exists 100 years after its founding because generations of believers have taken the Great Commission seriously. In this passage, Jesus lets us know that He has the ultimate authority. Jesus then delegates power to us to make disciples of all nations. The term “disciple” simply means “learner”.
As we model our lives after Jesus, others should learn what it looks like to be molded into His image. Discipleship takes intentionality on our part because it involves more than just conveying information. It requires physical presence, commitment, and time. The good news is Jesus’ presence is with us as we invest our lives in others. We can trust Him with the results.
Browncroft exists 100 years after its founding because generations of believers have taken the Great Commission seriously.
Let’s take a moment to pray for the following areas:
- Praise God for all the people who have used their lives to invest in others.
- That God would create a growing desire in all our lives to become more like Jesus.
- That God would raise up men and women from within our community to serve as mentors.
- That we would be characterized as teachable and humble.
- That the presence of Jesus would empower us to take bold steps of faith for Him.
Lord, we desperately want Browncroft to be a church where people are experiencing a deep relationship with You and passing that way of life onto others. Please give us strength through Your Spirit’s presence, to trust You deeply and train others in what it looks like to truly follow You.