BABY DEDICATION CELEBRATION
This is an opportunity for new parents to focus today on what will affect their child’s future the most. No one will have more influence on your child that YOU!
We believe what happens at home is more important than what happens at church. It is our hope that we can partner with you from the very beginning. We want to be your biggest fans, your strongest supporters, and your trusted guides as you raise your child to know what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
BabyD is more than an event. It is an opportunity for you to take some time at the beginning of your journey as a parent to really think about what will matter the most in the life of your child; to really talk together and decide what you will value and what you can do today that will have the greatest impact on your child’s future.
BABY DEDICATION PROCESS
What you can expect at the dedication celebration:
- We will reserve a table of 12 for your family and close friends. Be strategic about those you invite. The event is to encourage you, the parents, and those who will walk with you and partner with you as you spiritually lead your child into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Additional seating will be available if needed.
- You will have the opportunity to share what you’ve decided from your homework assignment in Step 2.
- We will lead you in a prayer of dedication.
- You will have time to eat cake and take pictures. A photographer will be on hand to record this special event for your family.
- The event will last about one (1) hour.
- Space is limited so don’t wait to register your family.
WHAT BABYD IS NOT
This event is not infant baptism. We believe that when people are old enough to understand what it means to put their faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, they should have the opportunity to make that choice for themselves. We believe that a preschooler is not able to fully understand sin, forgiveness, the sacrifice our Savior made for us, and what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This event is not required for salvation for your child. Rather, it is about your commitment as a parent to assume the role of spiritual leader for your child by leading them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. So as they get older, you are able to guide them and to help them understand what it means to be a Christ follower.
If you have any questions about BabyD or what child dedication means, please contact email@example.com.